programs paying for some 21.7 million Americans to be dependent on Uncle Sam. But as high as that spending and dependence on the federal government was then, it has exploded today, with one in five Americans — more than 67.3 million — depending on Washington for assistance.
The Heritage Foundation’s 2012 Index of Dependence on Government shows an alarming trend under the Obama Administration of a level of dependence on our government that has never been seen before. Today, a full 70 percent of the federal government’s budget goes to pay for housing, food, income, student aid, or other assistance, with recipients ranging from college students to retirees to welfare beneficiaries. Heritage’s Patrick Tyrrell writes that other findings from the study show: read more
- Dependency Index Surges 23% Under President Obama (thedaleygator.wordpress.com)
- Dependency Index Shoots Up 23% Under President Obama (tarpon.wordpress.com)
- Northeast Most Trusting of Federal Government; South Least Trusting, According to Analysis of Latest American Pulse™ Survey (prweb.com)
- Federal Government Dependence Spending Now Exceeds Disposable Income (tarpon.wordpress.com)
- Dependence on the Government Teat has sprung up 23% under The Anointed One Obama (ferrellgummit.wordpress.com)